Sunday, July 21, 2013

Will and Would

Will is used for speaking in present about what we intend to do.

Example:  I'll go out for dinner tonight.

Won't is the opposite of will.

Example:

I won't go out for dinner tonight.

Would is used when speculating about what we might do in certain situations.

Example:

I would go out for dinner tonight but I already ate.

Wouldn't is the opposite of Would.

Example:

I told him I wouldn't go out for dinner because I already ate.

Practice:

Complete these sentences using personal information:

I would love to live in ______________________.

I would love to have _______________________.

I would love to work at ____________________.

I wouldn't like to _________________________.

A subject I would love to study is _____________.

Complete these sentences using will or would:

1.)  I _____ stay at a hotel near the beach next week.

2.)  I ________ stay at a hotel near the beach but there aren't any available rooms.

3.)  I ___________ like to spend some time with them next week.

4.)  I ________ spend some time with them next week.

5.)  I'm really tired, I think I ______________ go to bed.

6.) I ___________ go to bed if I didn't have so much work to do.

7.) I _________ go to the party on Saturday because my friend Jane is coming with me.

8.) I ___________ go to the party on Saturday but my friend Jane can't come with me.


Answers:  1.) will 2.) would 3.) would 4.) will 5.) will  6.) would 7.) will 8.) would

Fill in personal information:

What's something you'll do this week?

What's something you'd like to do this week? 

Where's somewhere you'll go this week?

Where's somewhere you'd like to go this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment